Thursday, April 16, 2009

Information about Child-hood BRUXISM(teeth grinding/clenching)please? Can it be linked or triggered by stress?

My 3 year old son has recently started grinding and clenching his teeth, and seems to find comfort chewing his fingers or knuckles. He is also drooling a lot more than before..................





After observing him in action, I can%26#039;t help but notice a distinct link between this, and Stress or tension within the home. He began doing it during a stressful time in our families lives, (marital problems, and husband with Anger issues...) and only seems to do it when anxious, upset or tense. (eg if hubby yells or gets overly aggressive in his tone)





My husband won%26#039;t listen to me....., and constantly tells me I%26#039;m inventing problems that don%26#039;t exist, and exaggerating... I however, suspect my husbands aggressive nature may in fact be part of the problem.





I am wondering if my sons bizarre behaviour, could in fact be an early sign of Emotional Trauma or Anxiety....





Am I imagining Anxiety/Tension could be the trigger?





I would also appreciate any other information about Bruxism.


Thanks so much!

Information about Child-hood BRUXISM(teeth grinding/clenching)please? Can it be linked or triggered by stress?
you aren%26#039;t imagining it. Go see a doctor if you%26#039;re really worried. I grind my teeth all the time, when I%26#039;m stressed mostly, or when I%26#039;m thinking about a problem very exclusively.
Reply:i dont really know the relation of it for kids... but i know that when i was in a rather stressful time in my life... i found myself clenching my teeth... didnt really do the grinding thing... but alot of clenching.





i think i did it more often of a night... sleeping like it... no idea how that all happened, cause i thought ya muscles relaxed when yer asleep! but i did it.





so yes, it very well could be related to stress. and i am thinking that it maybe not good for his teeth... so might be an idea to get it checked out by a doctor... or even a dentist.





all the best!



performing arts

No comments:

Post a Comment