Thursday, April 16, 2009

If I stop teeth grinding & stop chewing in the right side will my masseter muscle come back to normal?

Well,I chew everything in the right side %26amp; I often chew gum.Teeth grinding is a habit,I do it when I%26#039;m stressed or concentrated or carry something heavy.As a result,the right masseter muscle is enlarged.I hate it because it%26#039;s very noticeable in the pictures[i look like a mutant:))].If I stop doing those things,in time,will the right masseter muscle look like the left one[normal]?It%26#039;s that possible?

If I stop teeth grinding %26amp; stop chewing in the right side will my masseter muscle come back to normal?
I definitely agree with %26quot;health buff%26#039;s%26quot; answer. I would add that muscles will get smaller with less use (atrophy, or in your case get smaller). Take care.
Reply:Everyone has a dominant side when eating. That is, we all chew, without realizing it, on either our right or our left side with brief movement of food to the opposite side. It is almost impossible to change this pattern.





Yes, you can chew gum less frequently, or eliminate it.





Clenching and grinding are tough to stop. A buxism appliance should be worn at night for this problem but is won%26#039;t necessarily stop the clenching. It might merely protect the teeth.





Some folks opt for botox injections. Unfortunately they are expensive and the results short lived.



myspace layouts

No comments:

Post a Comment